On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Norfolk State suffered a heartbreaking loss against Bethune-Cookman 70-68 in overtime. With the loss, the season series with Bethune-Cookman is now even at 1-1. Pendarvis Williams put up a team-high 19 points and five assists in a losing effort. Kris Brown also had a good outing, scoring a career-high 15 points and adding three rebounds. Adrien Coleman registered a double-double for the Wildcats on a game-high 24 points and 13 rebounds. Norfolk State (21-11) finished the regular season first in the MEAC with a 16-0 record in conference play.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- Norfolk State has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Spartans have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 3-7.
- The Spartans have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Norfolk State is 33-26 in close games.
- The Spartans set a season high for free throws made (27).
- The last time NSU recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 07, 2012 against Maryland-Eastern Shore.
- NSU set a season low for field goal percentage (31.6).
- The Spartans have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the first loss of the season where the Spartans opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Kris Brown) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Rob Johnson) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 32 games this season.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Brandon Goode.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- The Wildcats won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Bethune-Cookman is 32-34 in close games.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Adrien Coleman accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrien Coleman and Alex Smith) accounted for 53.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring 23 times and in rebounding 16 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Adrien Coleman's career.
- Adrien Coleman has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 10th of his career.
- Kevin Dukes has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Smith recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Smith set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Malik Jackson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ricky Johnson.