On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Stanford took on Arizona State and lost a nail-biter to the Sun Devils 89-88 in overtime in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The Cardinal even the season series against Arizona State at 1-1 with the loss. The Cardinal got a good effort from Dwight Powell, who put up 23 points and nine rebounds. Josh Huestis had 17 points and added nine rebounds. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson finished with a career-high 34 points and four assists. Stanford (18-14) finished the regular season eighth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Stanford Game Notes
- Stanford has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cardinal have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 5-5.
- The Cardinal have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stanford is 22-28 in close games.
- The Cardinal set season highs for field goals made (36), three-pointers (15), and total points (88).
- The last time Stanford recorded at least 15 three-pointers was Mar 07, 2009 against Arizona.
- Stanford set a season low for free throws made (one).
- The Cardinal have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Aaron Bright tallied a team season high in three-pointers with six and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Aaron Bright accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Huestis and Dwight Powell) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Josh Huestis has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dwight Powell's career.
- Dwight Powell has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Aaron Bright's career.
- Aaron Bright had a career high with six three-pointers.
- Josh Huestis had a career high with three three-pointers.
Arizona State Game Notes
- The Sun Devils won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arizona State is 30-24 in close games.
- Jahii Carson recorded a team season high in points with 34 and field goals made with 14.
- Jahii Carson accounted for 38.2 percent of the team's points.
- Carrick Felix accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring 19 times in 32 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 32 games this season.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 13th of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 17 straight double-digit point games.