Arizona State 89
(21-11, 6-6 away)
(18-14, 13-7 home)
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
3:06PM ET / 12:06PM PT, March 13, 2013
||J Carson 34
||C Felix 12
||E Gordon 4
||A Bright 27
||J Huestis 9
||A Bright 5
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Arizona State took on Stanford and just barely got by the Cardinal 89-88 in overtime in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Sun Devils got the win with a career-high 34 points and four assists from Jahii Carson. Carrick Felix played his way to a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. For the Cardinal, Dwight Powell finished with 23 points and nine rebounds. Stanford (18-14) finished the regular season eighth in the Pac-12 with a 9-9 conference record.
Arizona State Game Notes
- ASU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- Arizona State has played in five overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Sun Devils have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 10-4.
- The Sun Devils have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Arizona State is 30-24 in close games.
- The Sun Devils have won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Arizona State has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.5 percent or better.
- This season Arizona State has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Carrick Felix has 19 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Evan Gordon plays 38 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Jonathan Gilling has four field goals made or more.
- Arizona State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Jahii Carson recorded a team season high in points with 34 and field goals made with 14.
- Jahii Carson accounted for 38.2 percent of the team's points.
- Carrick Felix accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 32 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 32 games this season.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 13th of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 17 straight double-digit point games.
Stanford Game Notes
- The Cardinal have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stanford is 22-28 in close games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Aaron Bright tallied a team season high in three-pointers with six and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Aaron Bright accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Huestis and Dwight Powell) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Josh Huestis has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dwight Powell's career.
- Dwight Powell has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell set a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Aaron Bright's career.
- Aaron Bright set a career high with six three-pointers.
- Josh Huestis set a career high with three three-pointers.