Air Force 56
(17-13, 3-11 away)
(24-8, 18-2 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 13, 2013
||M Olesinski 13
||K Green 6
||D Earls 4
||A Bennett 23
||M Moser 10
||B Dejean-Jones 5
UNLV won big against Air Force 72-56 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Tournament on a day when they had only nine turnovers. The Rebels now have a record of 2-1 against Air Force this season. The Rebels were led by Anthony Bennett, who put up a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds. Anthony Marshall had 11 points and added four rebounds. For the Falcons, Kyle Green got 13 points and six rebounds. Air Force (17-13) finished the regular season sixth in the Mountain West with an 8-8 conference record.
UNLV Game Notes
- The last time UNLV started the season 24-8 was 2010.
- UNLV beat the spread by six points. That makes the 12th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- UNLV has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8 percent or better.
- UNLV has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- UNLV has won 83 percent of the time this season (20-4) after holding an opponent to under 41.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season UNLV has won 72 percent of the time (13-5) when Anthony Marshall has 11 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Mike Moser plays 31 minutes or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Bryce Dejean-Jones has five field goals made or more.
- UNLV set a season low for free throws made (four).
- The Rebels have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 20th game at home this season--UNLV has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Moser and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 32 games this season.
- Mike Moser has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 32 games this season.
- Anthony Marshall has four straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Marshall had a career high with three three-pointers.
- Mike Moser recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
Air Force Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kyle Green and Marek Olesinski) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Green and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (14).