Air Force 56
(17-13, 3-11 away)
(24-8, 18-2 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 13, 2013
||M Olesinski 13
||K Green 6
||D Earls 4
||A Bennett 23
||M Moser 10
||B Dejean-Jones 5
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Air Force forced only nine turnovers and was easily defeated by UNLV 72-56 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Tournament. The loss drops the Falcons to 1-2 against UNLV this season. Kyle Green put up 13 points and six rebounds in a losing effort. Marek Olesinski had a team-high 13 points. Anthony Bennett finished with a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds for the Rebels. Air Force (17-13) finished the regular season sixth in the Mountain West with an 8-8 record in conference play.
Air Force Game Notes
- Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Falcons have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.8 percent or better this season, Air Force has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Air Force has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- AF set a season low for free throws made (one).
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- Air Force has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Green and Marek Olesinski) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Green and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (14).
UNLV Game Notes
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Moser and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 20 times in 32 games this season.
- Mike Moser has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- Anthony Marshall has four straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Marshall set a career high with three three-pointers.
- Mike Moser recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.