Seton Hall 63
(15-18, 4-11 away)
(19) Syracuse 75
(24-8, 18-2 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 13, 2013
||A Cosby 22
||G Teague 5
||A Cosby 4
||J Southerland 20
||C Fair 8
||M Carter-Williams 14
On Wednesday, Mar. 13, Seton Hall took on Syracuse and was defeated by the Orange 75-63 in the second round of the Big East Tournament. The Pirates are still looking for their first win over an AP-ranked team this season (0-9). Aaron Cosby put up a game-high 22 points on 75 percent shooting in a losing effort. Kyle Smyth also had a good outing, scoring nine points and adding three assists. For the Orange, Michael Carter-Williams finished with six points and 14 assists. Seton Hall (15-18) finished the regular season 13th in the Big East with a 3-15 record in conference play. To get to the second round, Seton Hall beat South Florida (46-42).
Seton Hall Game Notes
- SHU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 13th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SHU played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-40.
- Seton Hall has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording four or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Seton Hall has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- SHU set season lows for blocks (zero) and rebounds (18).
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past six games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- Aaron Cosby accounted for 34.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gene Teague and Fuquan Edwin) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring in nine out of 33 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 33 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Fuquan Edwin.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Aaron Cosby's career.
- Gene Teague has four straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- The top two scorers (James Southerland and Brandon Triche) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Fair and Michael Carter-Williams) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- James Southerland has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Michael Carter-Williams's career.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of James Southerland's career.
- Baye Keita set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.