Providence shot just 28.1 percent from the field and was smoked by Cincinnati 61-44 in the second round of the Big East Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 13. The Friars tied the season series against Cincinnati at 1-1 with the loss. The Friars got a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds from Kadeem Batts. LaDontae Henton had eight points and added eight rebounds. JaQuon Parker recorded a double-double for the Bearcats with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Providence (17-14) finished the regular season ninth in the Big East with a 9-9 record in conference play.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Providence has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- PC set season lows for field goal percentage (28.1), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (6.3), and total points (44).
- Kadeem Batts accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has nine straight double-digit point games.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 52.4 percent of the points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 19 times in 32 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has led the team in rebounding four times in 32 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has four straight double-digit point games.
- JaQuon Parker recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- JaQuon Parker has three straight double-digit point games.
- JaQuon Parker recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- JaQuon Parker set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.