(9-21, 6-11 away)
San Jose State 49
(9-20, 5-10 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, March 12, 2013
|San Jose State
||J Hill 21
||J Hill 10
||M Hale III 5
|San Jose State
||L Pennington 21
||C Cunningham 9
||D Brown 3
On Tuesday, Mar. 12, San Jose State lost big against Texas-San Antonio 67-49 in the first round of the WAC Tournament. With the loss, the season series with Texas-San Antonio is now even at 1-1. The Spartans got 12 points and nine rebounds from Chris Cunningham. LaVanne Pennington had a career-high 21 points and added seven rebounds. Jeromie Hill recorded a double-double for the Roadrunners on a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds. San Jose State (9-20) finished the regular season eighth in the WAC with a 3-14 record in conference play.
San Jose State Game Notes
- The last time SJSU started the season 9-20 was 2011.
- San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after having a field goal percentage of 32.1 percent or worse.
- San Jose State has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, San Jose State has lost 81 percent of the time (3-13).
- San Jose State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 14 games.
- LaVanne Pennington accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Cunningham and LaVanne Pennington) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- LaVanne Pennington has led the team in scoring in five out of 29 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 29 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of LaVanne Pennington's career.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- Jeromie Hill accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeromie Hill and Jordan Sims) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeromie Hill has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 13 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jeromie Hill's career.
- Jeromie Hill has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jeromie Hill recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and 10th of his career.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Kannon Burrage's career.
|B||M. Hale III||39||10||5||5||1||0||4|