(11-21, 4-9 away)
(15-15, 11-7 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 12, 2013
||C Melvin 25
||B Young 4
||B Young 4
||W Judge 20
||W Judge 10
||D Miller 4
DePaul was smoked by Rutgers 76-57 in the first round of the Big East Tournament in a game where the Scarlet Knights shot 61.1 percent. At halftime, DePaul trailed 32-31 but Rutgers was just too much for the Blue Demons in the second half and ended up winning big. With the loss, the season series with Rutgers is now tied at 1-1. Cleveland Melvin put up a game-high 25 points and two rebounds for the Blue Demons. Brandon Young had 15 points and added four rebounds. Wally Judge registered a double-double for the Scarlet Knights with a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. DePaul (11-21) finished the regular season 15th in the Big East with a 2-16 record in conference play.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Blue Demons have lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5 percent or worse.
- DePaul has lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 61.1 percent or better this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 54.5 percent or better this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 17 games.
- Cleveland Melvin accounted for 43.8 percent of the team's points.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Brandon Young has led the team in rebounding in four out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Cleveland Melvin's career.
- Cleveland Melvin has six straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Wally Judge and Myles Mack) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Wally Judge and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Wally Judge has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Myles Mack has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Seagears has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Seagears set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Wally Judge's career.
- Wally Judge recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Wally Judge set career highs with nine field goals made and a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||8||0||0||0||0||1||0|