(11-21, 4-9 away)
(15-15, 11-7 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 12, 2013
||C Melvin 25
||B Young 4
||B Young 4
||W Judge 20
||W Judge 10
||D Miller 4
On Tuesday, Mar. 12, Rutgers shot 61.1 percent from the floor and easily got past DePaul 76-57 in the first round of the Big East Tournament. Rutgers enjoyed a small 32-31 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow DePaul out. The Scarlet Knights even the season series against DePaul at 1-1 with the win. Wally Judge got a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights, earning a double-double. Myles Mack had 19 points and added four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Blue Demons, Cleveland Melvin finished with a game-high 25 points and two rebounds. DePaul (11-21) finished the regular season 15th in the Big East with a 2-16 conference record.
Rutgers Game Notes
- The last time Rutgers started the season 15-15 was 2009.
- Rutgers beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Scarlet Knights have beaten the spread.
- The Scarlet Knights have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Rutgers has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- Rutgers has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after holding an opponent to under 41.5 percent field goal percentage.
- The Scarlet Knights set a season high for field goal percentage (61.1).
- The last time Rutgers had a field goal percentage of 61.1 percent or higher was Nov 17, 2011 against Sacred Heart.
- Rutgers set a season low for free throws made (four).
- The top two scorers (Wally Judge and Myles Mack) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Wally Judge and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Wally Judge has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Myles Mack has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Seagears has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Seagears had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Wally Judge's career.
- Wally Judge recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Wally Judge had career highs with nine field goals made and a 100 percent field goal percentage.
DePaul Game Notes
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to seven games.
- Cleveland Melvin accounted for 43.8 percent of the team's points.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 14 times in 32 games this season.
- Brandon Young has led the team in rebounding four times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Cleveland Melvin's career.
- Cleveland Melvin has six straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young has 14 straight double-digit point games.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||8||0||0||0||0||1||0|