On Tuesday, Mar. 12, Wright State lost to Valparaiso 62-54 in the Horizon championship game. With the loss, the Raiders stay winless against Valparaiso this season at 0-3. Wright State (21-12) finished the regular season third in the Horizon with a 10-6 record. The journey for Wright State to the Horizon championship game went through Youngstown State (66-59) and Detroit (56-54). The Raiders were paced by Tavares Sledge, who put up seven points and four rebounds. Reggie Arceneaux had a team-high 14 points. Erik Buggs got a career-high 22 points and three assists for the Crusaders. Valparaiso (26-7) finished the regular season first in the Horizon with a 13-3 record. In reaching the conference championship, they got the best of Green Bay (70-69).
Wright State Game Notes
- The Raiders have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9 percent or worse.
- The bench recorded more points (31) than the starters (23).
- Reggie Arceneaux has led the team in scoring in seven out of 33 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kendall Griffin.
- Kendall Griffin had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for AJ Pacher.
Valparaiso Game Notes
- Erik Buggs accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- Kevin Van Wijk accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kevin Van Wijk has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Erik Buggs's career.
- Erik Buggs set career highs with 22 points and nine field goals made.
- Kevin Van Wijk recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Van Wijk recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Kevin Van Wijk set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.