(12-19, 2-12 away)
(19-12, 13-5 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 12, 2013
||D Burton 27
||M Coleman 7
||D Burton 6
||L Nance Jr 19
||L Nance Jr 8
||D Gilmore 8
On Tuesday, Mar. 12, Wyoming took on Nevada and got a win over the Wolf Pack 85-81 in the first round of the Mountain West Tournament. With the win, the Cowboys stay unbeaten against Nevada this season at 3-0. The Cowboys got the win with a team-high 19 points and eight rebounds from Larry Nance Jr. Derrious Gilmore also had a strong outing, scoring 17 points and adding eight assists. For the Wolf Pack, Deonte Burton finished with a game-high 27 points and six assists. Nevada (12-19) finished the regular season ninth in the Mountain West with a 3-13 conference record.
Wyoming Game Notes
- The last time Wyoming started the season 19-12 was 2008.
- Wyoming beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Cowboys have beaten the spread.
- The Cowboys have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Wyoming is 19-16 in close games.
- The Cowboys have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 30 or more rebounds.
- Wyoming has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Wyoming has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- Wyoming has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 31 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Wyoming has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Josh Adams has 10 points or more and 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Leonard Washington has five field goals made or more.
- The Cowboys set season highs for assists (18), free throws made (24), and total points (85).
- The last time Wyoming recorded at least 85 total points was Nov 13, 2010 against Kean.
- Wyoming has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Cowboys came back after being down at halftime.
- Derrious Gilmore recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Larry Nance Jr and Leonard Washington) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Larry Nance Jr and Leonard Washington) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Derrious Gilmore had a career high with eight assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Larry Nance Jr.
- Larry Nance Jr had a career high with nine field goals made.
Nevada Game Notes
- The Wolf Pack have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nevada is 32-29 in close games.
- This loss extended the Wolf Pack losing streak to eight games.
- Deonte Burton accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring 18 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Deonte Burton's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Deonte Burton.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Malik Story's career.
- Malik Story has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Marqueze Coleman.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jordan Burris.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Devonte Elliott.
|A+||Larry Nance Jr||35||19||8||3||1||1||0|
|B||Derek Cooke Jr||17||8||4||0||0||0||0|