South Florida 42
(12-19, 2-11 away)
Seton Hall 46
(15-17, 11-7 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 12, 2013
||Z LeDay 13
||Z LeDay 15
||A Collins 9
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 10
||T Maayan 3
On Tuesday, Mar. 12, South Florida shot just 24.2 percent from the field and fell to Seton Hall 46-42 in overtime in the first round of the Big East Tournament. The Bulls are now 0-2 against Seton Hall this season. The Bulls got a double-double out of Zach LeDay with a team-high 13 points and 15 rebounds (5 Blk 3 Stl). Anthony Collins had four points and added nine assists. Gene Teague got a double-double for the Pirates on 14 points and 10 rebounds. South Florida (12-19) finished the regular season 13th in the Big East with a 3-15 record in conference play.
South Florida Game Notes
- The last time USF started the season 12-19 was 2007.
- South Florida has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulls have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 4-9.
- The Bulls have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Florida is 19-30 in close games.
- South Florida has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 42 or fewer total points.
- The Bulls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 19.2 percent or worse.
- South Florida has lost 80 percent of the time this season (3-12) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 40.9 percent or better this season, South Florida has lost 76 percent of the time (4-13).
- South Florida has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the seventh loss of the season where the Bulls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Zach LeDay recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven and blocks with five.
- Martino Brock tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Zach LeDay accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Zach LeDay accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Zach LeDay has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 3 times in 31 games this season.
- Zach LeDay recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Zach LeDay recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Victor Rudd has six straight double-digit point games.
- Martino Brock had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The Pirates won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-29 in close games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- Gene Teague accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 18 times in 32 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 32 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gene Teague has three straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 12th of his career.