South Florida 42
(12-19, 2-11 away)
Seton Hall 46
(15-17, 11-7 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 12, 2013
||Z LeDay 13
||Z LeDay 15
||A Collins 9
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 10
||T Maayan 3
Seton Hall held South Florida to only 24.2 percent from the floor and topped the Bulls 46-42 in overtime in the first round of the Big East Tournament on Tuesday, Mar. 12. The Pirates remain unbeaten against South Florida this season at 2-0. Gene Teague got 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Pirates, earning a double-double. Fuquan Edwin also had a good game, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding six rebounds. Zach LeDay got a double-double for the Bulls on a team-high 13 points and 15 rebounds (5 Blk 3 Stl). South Florida (12-19) finished the regular season 13th in the Big East with a 3-15 conference record.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- SHU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Seton Hall has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Pirates have played in 19 overtime games with a record of 8-11.
- The Pirates have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Seton Hall is 31-29 in close games.
- The Pirates have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording six or more blocks.
- SHU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record five or fewer free throws made.
- This season Seton Hall has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Gene Teague has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Pirates set a season high for blocks (six).
- SHU set a season low for total points (46).
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Pirates came back after being down at halftime.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- Gene Teague accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 32 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 32 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gene Teague has three straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 12th of his career.
South Florida Game Notes
- The Bulls have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Florida is 19-30 in close games.
- Zach LeDay recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven and blocks with five.
- Martino Brock tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- Zach LeDay accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's points.
- Zach LeDay accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Zach LeDay has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding three times in 31 games this season.
- Zach LeDay recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Zach LeDay recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Victor Rudd has six straight double-digit point games.
- Martino Brock set a career high with six offensive rebounds.