Bethune-Cookman defeated Coppin State 89-78 in the quarterfinals of the MEAC Tournament on Tuesday, Mar. 12. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Adrien Coleman had an impressive game for the Wildcats and got a game-high 28 points and nine rebounds. Jarvoris Bryant played his way to a double-double with a career-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. For the Eagles, Taariq Cephas got a career-high 27 points, including five-of-eight shooting from three-point range. Coppin State (8-24) finished the regular season 10th in the MEAC with a 5-11 conference record.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- B-CU beat the spread by 6.5 points.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 33 or more field goals made.
- B-CU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- Bethune-Cookman has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Wildcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Adrien Coleman recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Adrien Coleman accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarvoris Bryant and Adrien Coleman) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 32 games this season.
- Jarvoris Bryant has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Adrien Coleman's career.
- Adrien Coleman has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Kevin Dukes's career.
- Jarvoris Bryant recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarvoris Bryant has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvoris Bryant recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Jarvoris Bryant had career highs with 19 points and eight field goals made.
- Ricky Johnson had a career high with eight assists.
Coppin State Game Notes
- Taariq Cephas accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Taariq Cephas has led the team in scoring three times in 32 games this season.
- Michael Murray has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Taariq Cephas's career.
- Taariq Cephas set career highs with 27 points and nine field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Michael Murray.
- Andre Armstrong has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Andre Armstrong.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Patrick Cole.