Missouri State 59
(11-22, 2-15 away)
Wichita State 69
(25-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: Scottrade Center
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, March 08, 2013
||M Marshall 25
||K Pickens 5
||K Pickens 2
||C Hall 18
||C Hall 12
||M Armstead 5
On Friday, Mar. 8, Wichita State took on Missouri State and topped the Bears 69-59 in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Tournament. With a record of 3-0, the Shockers remain undefeated against Missouri State this season. Carl Hall got a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Shockers, earning a double-double. Jake White had nine points and added eight rebounds. Marcus Marshall got a game-high 25 points and three rebounds for the Bears. Missouri State (11-22) finished the regular season seventh in the Missouri Valley with a 7-11 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Missouri State took down Southern Illinois (61-53).
Wichita State Game Notes
- The Shockers have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- Wichita State has won 82 percent of the time this season (14-3) when its field goal percentage has been 45.6 percent or better.
- Wichita State has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- WSU has won every game this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.2 percent field goal percentage.
- WSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 16 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Wichita State has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Malcolm Armstead plays 31 minutes or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Carl Hall has six field goals made or more.
- The Shockers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- Carl Hall recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine.
- The top two scorers (Carl Hall and Ron Baker) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Carl Hall and Jake White) accounted for 46.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (33).
- Carl Hall has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 12 times in 32 games this season.
- Carl Hall recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carl Hall recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and eighth of his career.
- Carl Hall had a career high with nine offensive rebounds.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Marcus Marshall recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13, free throws attempted with 16, and three pointers attempted with 10.
- Marcus Marshall accounted for 42.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Pickens and Christian Kirk) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Marshall has led the team in scoring 10 times in 33 games this season.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Marcus Marshall's career.
- Marcus Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Downing has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Nathan Scheer.
|C+||Fred Van Vleet||17||3||0||3||0||0||0|