Eastern Kentucky 73
(24-9, 8-8 away)
Murray State 81
(21-9, 12-5 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
9:45PM ET / 6:45PM PT, March 08, 2013
||E Stutz 18
||G Cosey 7
||M DiNunno 6
||I Canaan 29
||L Mushatt 6
||I Canaan 6
Murray State came out on top against Eastern Kentucky 81-73 in the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Tournament on Friday, Mar. 8. With the win, the Racers even the season series against Eastern Kentucky at 1-1. Isaiah Canaan put up his fifth straight game with 22 points or more for the Racers, scoring a game-high 29 points (6 Ast 4 Reb) on 52.6 percent shooting in 38 minutes. Stacy Wilson had 17 points and added five rebounds. Eric Stutz finished with a team-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Colonels. Eastern Kentucky (24-9) finished the regular season second in the Ohio Valley with a 12-4 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Eastern Kentucky outplayed Southeast Missouri State (84-69).
Murray State Game Notes
- Murray State beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Racers have beaten the spread.
- The Racers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Murray State has won every game this season (4-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Murray State has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Murray State has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Murray State has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Brandon Garrett has 11 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Isaiah Canaan plays 38 minutes or more, and 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Stacy Wilson has six field goals made or more.
- The Racers set season highs for assists (20) and field goal percentage (58.0).
- The last time Murray State recorded at least 20 assists was Dec 15, 2011 against Lipscomb.
- Murray State set a season low for steals (three).
- Murray State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 25 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 37th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has five straight 20+ point games.
- LaTreze Mushatt had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Eric Stutz and Mike DiNunno) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Glenn Cosey and Corey Walden) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Glenn Cosey has led the team in rebounding six times in 33 games this season.
- Corey Walden has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Mike DiNunno has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Tarius Johnson.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Orlando Williams.