Buffalo vs. Ball State: Full Game Preview
|Buffalo||J McCrea 17.9||J McCrea 7.9||J Oldham 4.4|
|Ball State||J Scaife 16.2||M Majok 9.9||M Posley 2.9|
Buffalo squares off against Ball State in the second round of the MAC Tournament at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday. It gets started at 6:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on SportsTime Ohio. The Bulls beat the Cardinals 66-63 on Jan. 23 and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and eight rebounds from Javon McCrea, the Bulls defeated Central Michigan 74-72 on Mar. 11. With 17.9 points per game, 7.9 rebounds per game, and 2.7 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Cardinals, Chris Bond put up eight points and seven rebounds in the 53-51 win over Northern Illinois on Mar. 9. He is averaging 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.0 steals per game. One category in which Ball State is especially proficient is free throw rate at 47.1, ranking first in their conference (and third nationally).
Ball State StatSmack
- Buffalo has more wins over the last 5 years than Ball State (100 vs. 84).
- The Buffalo assist leader (Tony Watson II, 88 assists) has more assists than the Ball State assist leader (Marcus Posley, 85 assists).
- Jarod Oldham is ranked 6th in the MAC in assists.
- Buffalo has a stronger schedule than Ball State this season (SOS Rank: No. 140 vs. No. 279).
- Javon McCrea is ranked 44th nationally in points, 3rd in the MAC in rebounds, and 18th nationally in blocks.
- Buffalo has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (54.6 percent to 44.3 percent).
- Tony Watson II is ranked 2nd in the MAC in three-pointers and 7th in the MAC in assists.
- Buffalo has an average margin of victory of 9 over Ball State in seven wins since 1998.
- The Buffalo basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Ball State (83 percent vs. 63 percent).
- Even computers respect Buffalo more. Buffalo has a better RPI this season than Ball State (RPI: No. 223 vs. No. 224).
- Buffalo has come back to win after being down at half against Ball State three times since 2003.
|C||Tony Watson II||34||11||3||3||1||0||1|