|Southern Utah||J Stevenett 17.6||J Stevenett 6.1||D Heuir 3.2|
|North Dakota||T Huff 19.0||T Huff 7.1||J Webb 4.1|
Southern Utah battles North Dakota in the quarterfinals of the Big Sky Tournament at Dahlberg Arena on Thursday. It starts at 7:30 p.m. ET. The Thunderbirds fell to the Fighting Sioux 68-61 on Mar. 9 and are 1-1 against them over the last four years.
The Thunderbirds fell 68-61 to North Dakota on Mar. 9. A.J. Hess finished with 16 points and eight rebounds in the loss. He is putting up 5.8 points per game while also averaging 2.6 rebounds per game. In a 68-61 victory over Southern Utah on Mar. 9, Jamal Webb put up 19 points and nine rebounds for the Fighting Sioux. He is averaging 9.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 4.1 assists per game.
North Dakota StatSmack
- The Southern Utah blocks leader (Jayson Cheesman, 60 blocks) has more blocks than the North Dakota blocks leader (Mitch Wilmer, 40 blocks).
- The Southern Utah rebounding leader (Jayson Cheesman, 181 rebounds) has more rebounds than the North Dakota rebounding leader (Troy Huff, 156 rebounds).
- Jackson Stevenett is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in points and 7th in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- Jayson Cheesman is ranked 6th in the Big Sky in rebounds and 3rd in the Big Sky in blocks.
- Southern Utah attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.7 per game vs. 33.9 per game) than North Dakota this season.
- The Southern Utah three-point leader (Damon Heuir, 56 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the North Dakota three-point leader (Aaron Anderson, 51 three-pointers).
- Southern Utah has more wins over the last 5 years than North Dakota (65 vs. 60).
- Southern Utah is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Southern Utah is 205 lbs compared to 192 lbs for North Dakota.
- Damon Heuir is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in points, 5th in the Big Sky in three-pointers, and 10th in the Big Sky in assists.
- Southern Utah has a stronger schedule than North Dakota this season (SOS Rank: No. 275 vs. No. 294).