North Dakota State 55
(24-8, 10-7 away)
Western Illinois 43
(22-8, 14-3 home)
Venue: Sioux Falls Arena
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 11, 2013
|North Dakota State
|North Dakota State
||T Wright 19
||T Braun 7
||T Braun 4
||A Link 12
||A Link 8
||R Roberts-Burnett 2
On Monday, Mar. 11, North Dakota State beat Western Illinois 55-43 in the semifinals of the Summit League Tournament. The Bison now have a record of 1-2 against Western Illinois this season. The Bison were led by TrayVonn Wright, who put up a game-high 19 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Taylor Braun had 14 points and added seven rebounds. Adam Link finished with a team-high 12 points and eight rebounds for the Leathernecks. Western Illinois (22-8) finished the regular season first in the Summit League with a 13-3 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Western Illinois topped South Dakota (54-53).
North Dakota State Game Notes
- The win over Western Illinois extended the North Dakota State winning streak to four games.
- NDSU beat the spread by six points. That makes the 17th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- North Dakota State has won every game this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- North Dakota State has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- The Bison have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 12 or more free throws made.
- NDSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 43 or fewer total points.
- NDSU has won every game this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season North Dakota State has won 93 percent of the time (13-1) when Taylor Braun has 14 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Lawrence Alexander plays 40 minutes or more, and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when TrayVonn Wright has six field goals made or more.
- The Bison have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- TrayVonn Wright accounted for 34.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (TrayVonn Wright and Taylor Braun) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Taylor Braun has three straight double-digit point games.
- TrayVonn Wright had a career high with five three-pointers.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Adam Link and Ceola Clark III) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- Adam Link accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Adam Link has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Don McAvoy III.
|B||Ceola Clark III||31||9||1||2||4||0||0|
|D+||Don McAvoy III||24||5||2||0||0||0||3|