(16-17, 5-13 away)
South Dakota State 72
(24-9, 16-0 home)
Venue: Sioux Falls Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 11, 2013
|South Dakota State
||F Gaines 25
||L Jacobo 5
||I McCray 4
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 18
||J Dykstra 9
||N Wolters 12
South Dakota State shot 61.5 percent from the floor and trounced IPFW 72-56 in the semifinals of the Summit League Tournament on Monday, Mar. 11. South Dakota State was down 34-32 at the half, but then played much better in the second half and ended up winning big. With a record of 3-0, the Jackrabbits stay undefeated against IPFW this season. Nate Wolters earned a double-double in the win including a team-high 18 points and 12 assists. Chad White had 17 points and added five rebounds. For the Mastodons, Frank Gaines finished with a game-high 25 points. IPFW (16-17) finished the regular season fifth in the Summit League with a 7-9 conference record. To get to the semifinals, IPFW beat Oakland (91-72).
South Dakota State Game Notes
- The win over IPFW extended the South Dakota State winning streak to three games.
- SDSU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- The Jackrabbits have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- SDSU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (15-2) after holding an opponent to under 44.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season South Dakota State has won 72 percent of the time (18-7) when Nate Wolters has 18 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Tony Fiegen has six field goals made or more, and 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Jordan Dykstra has nine rebounds or more.
- The Jackrabbits set a season high for field goal percentage (61.5).
- The last time SDSU had a field goal percentage of 61.5 percent or higher was Jan 10, 2009 against IUPUI.
- SDSU set season lows for blocks (zero) and steals (one).
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Jackrabbits came back after being down at halftime.
- Nate Wolters recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Nate Wolters and Chad White) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 33 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 33 games this season.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Nate Wolters recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 11th of his career.
- Nate Wolters had a career high with 12 assists.
- Tony Fiegen has three straight double-digit point games.
IPFW Game Notes
- Frank Gaines accounted for 44.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Luis Jacobo and Michael Kibiloski) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring 22 times in 33 games this season.
- Luis Jacobo has led the team in rebounding seven times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 41st 20-point game of Frank Gaines's career.
- Frank Gaines has four straight 20+ point games.