(24-10, 12-4 away)
(26-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: Asheville Civic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 11, 2013
||A Lawrence 19
||T Wiedeman 6
||A Thomas 1
||D Brooks 24
||D Brooks 8
||N Cochran 4
On a night when the Cougars mustered only 29.8 percent from the floor, Davidson won big against College of Charleston 74-55 to claim the SoCon championship. With the win, the Wildcats stay unbeaten against College of Charleston this season at 3-0. The Wildcats got the win with a game-high 24 points and eight rebounds from De`Mon Brooks. Nik Cochran had 10 points and added four rebounds. Davidson heads to the NCAA Tournament with a 26-7 record. During the regular season they finished first in the SoCon with a 17-1 conference record. Davidson knocked off Georgia Southern (86-59), and Appalachian State (65-62) on the route to the SoCon championship game. For the Cougars, Andrew Lawrence finished with a team-high 19 points and four rebounds. College of Charleston (24-10) finished the regular season second in the SoCon with a 14-4 record. In reaching the conference championship, they beat Western Carolina (78-70) and Elon (68-60).
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:20 left to go.
- The last time Davidson started the season 26-7 was 2008.
- The win over College of Charleston extended the Davidson winning streak to 17 games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Davidson has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Davidson has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Nik Cochran has 10 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when J.P. Kuhlman plays 33 minutes or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when De`Mon Brooks has six free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- Davidson has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- De`Mon Brooks accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's points.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of De`Mon Brooks's career.
- De`Mon Brooks has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Cohen has 15 straight double-digit point games.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- Andrew Lawrence accounted for 34.5 percent of the team's points.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring 14 times in 34 games this season.
- Trent Wiedeman has led the team in rebounding seven times in 34 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has seven straight double-digit point games.