(24-10, 12-4 away)
(26-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: Asheville Civic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 11, 2013
||A Lawrence 19
||T Wiedeman 6
||A Thomas 1
||D Brooks 24
||D Brooks 8
||N Cochran 4
College of Charleston lost in a blowout to Davidson 74-55 in the SoCon championship game in a game where they shot just 29.8 percent. The Cougars are now 0-3 against Davidson this season. College of Charleston (24-10) finished the regular season second in the SoCon with a 14-4 record. The route for College of Charleston to the SoCon championship game went through Western Carolina (78-70) and Elon (68-60). The Cougars got a team-high 19 points and four rebounds from Andrew Lawrence. Anthony Stitt had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Wildcats, De`Mon Brooks got a game-high 24 points and eight rebounds. Davidson (26-7) finished the regular season first in the SoCon with a 17-1 record. In reaching the conference championship, they overcame Georgia Southern (86-59) and Appalachian State (65-62).
College of Charleston Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:20 left to go.
- The last time CofC started the season 24-10 was 2010.
- College of Charleston has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, College of Charleston has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- CofC set season lows for assists (two), field goal percentage (29.8), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (10.0), and turnovers (seven).
- Andrew Lawrence accounted for 34.5 percent of the team's points.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 34 games this season.
- Trent Wiedeman has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 34 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has seven straight double-digit point games.
Davidson Game Notes
- De`Mon Brooks accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's points.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of De`Mon Brooks's career.
- De`Mon Brooks has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Cohen has 15 straight double-digit point games.