Central Michigan 72
(11-20, 4-14 away)
(13-19, 9-7 home)
Venue: Alumni Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 11, 2013
||K Randall 31
||B Hibbitts 8
||C Fowler 9
||J McCrea 21
||A Nuiriankh 8
||T Watson II 6
On Monday, Mar. 11, Buffalo took on Central Michigan and won a nail-biter over the Chippewas 74-72 in overtime in the first round of the MAC Tournament. With a record of 2-0, the Bulls remain undefeated against Central Michigan this season. The Bulls were led by Javon McCrea, who got a team-high 21 points and eight rebounds (4 Blk 3 Stl). Will Regan had 15 points and added eight rebounds. Kyle Randall got his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Chippewas, scoring a game-high 31 points in 45 minutes. Central Michigan (11-20) finished the regular season 10th in the MAC with a 4-12 conference record.
Buffalo Game Notes
- Buffalo has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bulls have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 5-7.
- The Bulls have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Buffalo is 29-29 in close games.
- This season Buffalo has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Will Regan has 15 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Jarryn Skeete has six rebounds or more.
- Buffalo has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UB has a 4.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Javon McCrea and Will Regan) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 32 games this season.
- Will Regan has led the team in rebounding in five out of 32 games this season.
- Tony Watson II has four straight double-digit point games.
- Auraum Nuiriankh had a career high with four blocks.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Javon McCrea's career.
- Javon McCrea has 20 straight double-digit point games.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- The Chippewas have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Central Michigan is 28-33 in close games.
- Chris Fowler recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 43.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Blake Hibbitts and Kyle Randall) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 24 times in 31 games this season.
- Blake Hibbitts has led the team in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has three straight 20+ point games.
|C-||D. Richardson Jr.||19||2||2||0||0||1||1|
|B+||Tony Watson II||45||14||4||6||1||0||4|