James Madison 70
(20-14, 8-9 away)
(20-12, 9-9 home)
Venue: Richmond Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 11, 2013
||A Davis 26
||R Goins 13
||D Moore 5
||J Lee 14
||Q Ford 7
||J Smith 2
Northeastern fell to James Madison 70-57 in the CAA championship game on Monday, Mar. 11. Northeastern fell way behind at halftime 40-18 and was never able to get back in it. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Northeastern (20-12) finished the regular season first in the CAA with a 14-4 record. The path for Northeastern to the CAA championship game went through George Mason (69-67). The Huskies were paced by David Walker, who put up 10 points and five rebounds. Jonathan Lee scored 14 points and added two rebounds. For the Dukes, A.J. Davis finished with a game-high 26 points and seven rebounds. James Madison (20-14) finished the regular season fourth in the CAA with an 11-7 record. In reaching the conference championship, they outplayed William & Mary (72-67) and Delaware (58-57).
Northeastern Game Notes
- The last time NU started the season 20-12 was 2009.
- The Huskies have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 37.0 percent or worse.
- Northeastern has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Northeastern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- NU set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- Northeastern has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Lee and David Walker) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- Jonathan Lee has led the team in scoring in six out of 32 games this season.
- Quincy Ford has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Jonathan Lee has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Joel Smith.
James Madison Game Notes
- A.J. Davis accounted for 37.1 percent of the team's points.
- Rayshawn Goins accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- A.J. Davis has led the team in scoring 11 times in 34 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 34 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of A.J. Davis's career.
- A.J. Davis has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Rayshawn Goins recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rayshawn Goins recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 14th of his career.
- Rayshawn Goins set a career high with 11 defensive rebounds.