DePaul vs. Rutgers: Full Game Preview
|DePaul||B Young 16.8||C Melvin 6.9||B Young 4.6|
|Rutgers||E Carter 14.9||W Judge 5.4||M Mack 2.6|
DePaul takes on Rutgers in the first round of the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday. It takes place at 9:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Blue Demons beat the Scarlet Knights 75-69 on Feb. 16 and are 2-4 against them over the last four years.
The Blue Demons were defeated by Pittsburgh 81-66 on Mar. 9 despite 22 points from Brandon Young. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 16.8 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Scarlet Knights, Myles Mack finished with 15 points and five steals in the 56-51 win over Seton Hall on Mar. 8. He leads the team in assists with 2.6 per game and steals with 1.8 per game.
- DePaul has an average margin of victory of 9 over Rutgers in four wins since 2005.
- Since 1998, DePaul has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Rutgers (nine vs. three).
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin, 215 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Rutgers rebounding leader (Wally Judge, 157 rebounds).
- Boom! DePaul defeated Rutgers by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 16, 2013).
- Diaper Dandies love DePaul. DePaul has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Rutgers (8 vs. 1).
- The DePaul assist leader (Brandon Young, 142 assists) has more assists than the Rutgers assist leader (Myles Mack, 76 assists).
- The DePaul scoring leader (Brandon Young, 520 points) has more points than the Rutgers scoring leader (Myles Mack, 385 points).
- DePaul is better under pressure, and has defeated Rutgers in three out of the last five games decided by five points or fewer.
- A for effort, but DePaul has emerged victorious against Rutgers the last two times they've played.
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 8th in the Big East in rebounds.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||3||0||0||1||1|