Chicago State vs. Texas-Pan American: Full Game Preview
|Chicago State||Q Pippen 10.4||M Ross 6.3||J Dismukes 3.4|
|Texas-Pan American||B Provost 15.0||J Leathers 4.6||A Urbanus 3.8|
Chicago State battles Texas-Pan American in the semifinals of the Great West Tournament at Jones Convocation Center on Friday. It starts at 8:30 p.m. ET. The Cougars lost to the Broncs 55-51 on Feb. 23 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
In a 71-58 triumph over Houston Baptist on Mar. 9, Nate Duhon put up 21 points and seven rebounds for the Cougars. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.9 points per game. For the Broncs, Aaron Urbanus put up 18 points and six rebounds in the 76-59 win over New Jersey Tech on Mar. 9. He leads the team in assists with 3.8 per game and steals with 1.1 per game.
Texas-Pan American StatSmack
- Jamere Dismukes is ranked 10th in the Great West in three-pointers, 4th in the Great West in assists, and 4th in the Great West in steals.
- The Chicago State rebounding leader (Matt Ross, 185 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Texas-Pan American rebounding leader (Justin Leathers, 144 rebounds).
- The Chicago State steals leader (Quinton Pippen, 54 steals) has more steals than the Texas-Pan American steals leader (Aaron Urbanus, 35 steals).
- The Chicago State blocks leader (Matt Ross, 27 blocks) has more blocks than the Texas-Pan American blocks leader (Shaquille Hines, 22 blocks).
- Jeremy Robinson is ranked 5th in the Great West in rebounds and 5th in the Great West in blocks.
- Quinton Pippen is ranked 9th in the Great West in points, 4th in the Great West in three-pointers, 8th in the Great West in assists, and 2nd in the Great West in steals.
- Matt Ross is ranked 10th in the Great West in points, 4th in the Great West in rebounds, 7th in the Great West in three-pointers, and 3rd in the Great West in blocks.
- Nate Duhon is ranked 5th in the Great West in steals.
- Chicago State has an average margin of victory of 7 over Texas-Pan American in seven wins since 2002.
- Chicago State is a better free-throw-shooting team (73.1 percent vs. 63.4 percent) than Texas-Pan American this season.