(13-17, 6-12 away)
Loyola (MD) 52
(21-11, 13-4 home)
Venue: MassMutal Center
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Brown 12
||R Brown 12
||E Andujar 2
||D Cormier 14
||D Cormier 7
||R Williams 3
Manhattan squared off with Loyola (MD) on Saturday, Mar. 9 and held on to beat the Greyhounds 55-52 in the quarterfinals of the MAAC Tournament. With the win, the Jaspers are now 1-2 against Loyola (MD) this season. Rhamel Brown earned a double-double in the win with a team-high 12 points and 12 rebounds. Roberto Colonette also had a strong showing, scoring seven points and adding eight rebounds. For the Greyhounds, Dylon Cormier got a game-high 14 points and seven rebounds. Loyola (MD) (21-11) finished the regular season second in the MAAC with a 12-6 conference record.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The last time Manhattan started the season 13-17 was 2006.
- Manhattan beat the spread by six points. That makes the 16th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Manhattan is 26-35 in close games.
- The Jaspers have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording six or more blocks.
- Manhattan has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Manhattan set a season low for steals (three).
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 13th of his career.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 32-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Dylon Cormier and Anthony Winbush) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylon Cormier and Anthony Winbush) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding four times in 32 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for R.J. Williams.