(13-17, 6-12 away)
Loyola (MD) 52
(21-11, 13-4 home)
Venue: MassMutal Center
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Brown 12
||R Brown 12
||E Andujar 2
||D Cormier 14
||D Cormier 7
||R Williams 3
Loyola (MD) let one slip to Manhattan 55-52 in the quarterfinals of the MAAC Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 9. The loss drops the Greyhounds to 2-1 against Manhattan this season. Dylon Cormier put up a game-high 14 points and seven rebounds in a losing effort. Anthony Winbush had 12 points and added six rebounds. Rhamel Brown got a double-double for the Jaspers with a team-high 12 points and 12 rebounds. Loyola (MD) (21-11) finished the regular season second in the MAAC with a 12-6 record in conference play.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 32-29 in close games.
- The Greyhounds have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- Loyola (MD) has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Loyola (MD) has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- LMDU set season lows for field goals made (16) and field goal percentage (33.3).
- The Greyhounds have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Loyola (MD) has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Dylon Cormier and Anthony Winbush) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylon Cormier and Anthony Winbush) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 4 times in 32 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for R.J. Williams.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The Jaspers won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan is 26-35 in close games.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 13th of his career.