(19-13, 6-10 away)
(19-13, 12-5 home)
Venue: MassMutal Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 10, 2013
||D Laury 20
||D Laury 17
||L Jones 5
||A Mason 21
||T Cline 7
||M Jordan 6
On Sunday, Mar. 10, Iona came out on top against Niagara 79-73 in the semifinals of the MAAC Tournament. With the win, the Gaels improve to 2-1 against Niagara this season. David Laury got a team-high 20 points and 17 rebounds for the Gaels, earning a double-double. Sean Armand had 13 points and added six rebounds. Marvin Jordan finished with 11 points and six assists for the Purple Eagles. Niagara (19-13) finished the regular season first in the MAAC with a 13-5 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Niagara got the best of Siena (74-62).
Iona Game Notes
- The win over Niagara extended the Iona winning streak to four games.
- Iona beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Iona has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its three-point percentage has been 41.2 percent or better.
- The Gaels have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording four or more blocks.
- This season Iona has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Lamont Jones has five assists or more.
- The Gaels have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Gaels came back after being down at halftime.
- David Laury recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (David Laury and Lamont Jones) accounted for 46.8 percent of the points.
- David Laury accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- David Laury has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 18 times in 32 games this season.
- Sean Armand has three straight double-digit point games.
- Lamont Jones has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Taaj Ridley has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of David Laury's career.
- David Laury has four straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
Niagara Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Antoine Mason and Ameen Tanksley) accounted for 47.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (T.J. Cline and Devon White) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring 18 times in 32 games this season.
- T.J. Cline has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- Juan`ya Green has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has three straight double-digit point games.