(17-12, 10-5 away)
New Mexico State 69
(21-10, 15-1 home)
Venue: Pan American Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
|New Mexico State
||K Butler 14
||G Gainey 9
||S White-Miller 8
|New Mexico State
||B Sy 19
||S Bhullar 12
||D Mullings 5
On Saturday, Mar. 9, New Mexico State took on Texas-Arlington and just barely got by the Mavericks 69-66 in WAC action. New Mexico State was up 38-23 at the half and then held on in the second half to get the victory. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Aggies got the win with eight points and 12 rebounds from Sim Bhullar. Bandja Sy scored 19 points and added four rebounds. For the Mavericks, Kevin Butler got a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. Next up for New Mexico State (20-10, 14-4 WAC) is Idaho (12-17, 7-11 WAC) on Thursday, Mar. 14 at home.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The Aggies have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico State is 29-25 in close games.
- New Mexico State has won 88 percent of the time this season (15-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- The Aggies have won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after recording six or more blocks.
- NMSU has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.9 percent field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season New Mexico State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Bandja Sy has 19 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Sim Bhullar has four free throws made or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Daniel Mullings has five assists or more.
- The Aggies set a season high for free throws made (25).
- The last time NMSU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Mar 08, 2012 against Fresno State.
- The Aggies have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--NMSU has a 12.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Bandja Sy and K.C. Ross-Miller) accounted for 44.9 percent of the points.
- Sim Bhullar accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in scoring in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has six straight double-digit point games.
- Sim Bhullar recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Renaldo Dixon.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- The Mavericks have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-Arlington is 30-33 in close games.
- Shaquille White-Miller recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Gainey and Jordan Reves) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Butler has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kevin Butler.
- Karol Gruszecki has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Greg Gainey.
|B-||Terrel de Rouen||17||8||0||0||2||0||0|