Ark-Little Rock 54
(17-15, 3-11 away)
FL Internationial 69
(17-13, 11-3 home)
Venue: Convention Center Court - Hot Springs, AR
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Gillon 16
||W Neighbour 10
||J Hagins 4
||M Smith 25
||D Hill 8
||D Hill 7
On a night when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, Florida International easily beat Arkansas-Little Rock 69-54 in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt Tournament. The Golden Panthers now have a record of 2-1 against Arkansas-Little Rock this season. The Golden Panthers got the win with 12 points and eight rebounds (7 Ast 6 Stl) from Deric Hill. Malik Smith was solid from three-point range, going eight for 10 to get to a game-high 25 points overall. Leroy Isler got 13 points and four rebounds for the Trojans. Arkansas-Little Rock (17-15) finished the regular season fourth in the Sun Belt with an 11-9 conference record.
Florida International Game Notes
- FIU beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Golden Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Florida International has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.9 percent or better.
- The Golden Panthers have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording 13 or more assists.
- FIU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- The Golden Panthers set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- Malik Smith recorded a team season high in three-pointers with eight.
- Malik Smith accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Deric Hill and Jerome Frink) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Deric Hill has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Malik Smith's career.
- Malik Smith has three straight double-digit point games.
- Deric Hill had a career high with eight rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has 21 straight double-digit point games.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Gillon and Leroy Isler) accounted for 53.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Neighbour and Michael Javes) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- John Gillon has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Will Neighbour has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 32 games this season.
- Leroy Isler has four straight double-digit point games.
- Will Neighbour recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- John Gillon has three straight double-digit point games.
|-||M. Porcher Jimenez||3||0||0||0||0||0||0|