Southern Miss 70
(23-8, 13-1 home)
Venue: Reed Green Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||I Sykes 22
||I Sykes 11
||C Newell Jr. 4
||D Davis 34
||J Mills 9
||N Watson 4
UCF faced off with Southern Miss on Saturday, Mar. 9 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Golden Eagles 70-62 in conference play. The Knights tie the season series against Southern Miss at 1-1 with the loss. Isaiah Sykes earned a double-double in the loss with a team-high 22 points and 11 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Keith Clanton had seven points and added seven rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Dwayne Davis got a game-high 34 points and two rebounds.
UCF Game Notes
- The last time UCF started the season 20-11 was 2010.
- UCF beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Knights have beaten the spread.
- The Knights have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 24.1 percent or worse.
- Matt Williams recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Isaiah Sykes accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Sykes and Keith Clanton) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Isaiah Sykes's career.
- Isaiah Sykes has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Sykes recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 13th of his career.
- Kasey Wilson has four straight double-digit point games.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- Dwayne Davis recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- Daveon Boardingham tallied a team season high in blocks with four.
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 48.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring 10 times in 31 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Daveon Boardingham.
|C||C. Newell Jr.||32||2||5||4||0||0||4|