Southern Miss 70
(23-8, 13-1 home)
Venue: Reed Green Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||I Sykes 22
||I Sykes 11
||C Newell Jr. 4
||D Davis 34
||J Mills 9
||N Watson 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Southern Miss beat UCF 70-62 in conference play. The Golden Eagles tie the season series against UCF at 1-1 with the win. Dwayne Davis had a big game for the Golden Eagles and put up a game-high 34 points and two rebounds. Jonathan Mills also had a strong game, scoring six points and adding nine rebounds. Isaiah Sykes recorded a double-double for the Knights on a team-high 22 points and 11 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 14 when Southern Miss (22-8, 11-4 C-USA) welcomes To Be Announced.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- Southern Miss has won every game this season (4-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- USM has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9 percent field goal percentage.
- USM has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Southern Miss has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Rashard McGill has 10 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Dwayne Davis plays 35 minutes or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Daveon Boardingham has four field goals made or more.
- The Golden Eagles set season highs for blocks (seven) and free throws made (26).
- The last time USM recorded at least seven blocks was Dec 10, 2011 against Louisiana Tech.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--USM has a 23.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dwayne Davis recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- Daveon Boardingham tallied a team season high in blocks with four.
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 48.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 31 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Daveon Boardingham.
UCF Game Notes
- Matt Williams recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- Isaiah Sykes accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Sykes and Keith Clanton) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Isaiah Sykes's career.
- Isaiah Sykes has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Sykes recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 13th of his career.
- Kasey Wilson has four straight double-digit point games.
|C||C. Newell Jr.||32||2||5||4||0||0||4|