(11-19, 3-15 away)
(22-10, 12-4 home)
Venue: SEFCU Arena
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Edwards 18
||J Edwards 7
||J Edwards 3
||S Rowley 19
||S Rowley 8
||M Black 2
In a low-scoring game, Maine lost by a slim margin to Albany 50-49 in the quarterfinals of the America East Tournament. With the loss, the Black Bears are now 1-2 against Albany this season. Justin Edwards put up a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) for the Black Bears. Xavier Pollard had 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Great Danes, Sam Rowley got a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Maine (11-19) finished the regular season sixth in the America East with a 6-10 record in conference play.
Maine Game Notes
- The last time Maine started the season 11-19 was 1996.
- Maine beat the spread by 9.5 points.
- The Black Bears have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maine is 25-25 in close games.
- Maine has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 33.3 percent or better this season, Maine has lost 76 percent of the time (4-13).
- Maine set season lows for free throws made (four) and total points (49).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Black Bears opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Justin Edwards accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Edwards and Xavier Pollard) accounted for 46.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Edwards has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 5 times in 30 games this season.
- Justin Edwards has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Xavier Pollard.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Alasdair Fraser.
Albany Game Notes
- The Great Danes won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Albany is 27-35 in close games.
- Sam Rowley accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sam Rowley and John Puk) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Sam Rowley has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 17 times in 32 games this season.
- Sam Rowley has five straight double-digit point games.