(18-13, 7-10 away)
(18-13, 13-3 home)
Venue: MassMutal Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||B Baron 24
||C Manhertz 11
||H Washington 5
||L Jones 33
||D Laury 14
||D Laury 4
Iona defeated Canisius 89-85 in the quarterfinals of the MAAC Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 9. With the win, the Gaels go to 2-1 against Canisius this season. The Gaels got the win with a game-high 33 points and six rebounds from Lamont Jones. David Laury got a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Billy Baron got a team-high 24 points and four assists for the Golden Griffins. Canisius (18-13) finished the regular season fourth in the MAAC with an 11-7 conference record.
Iona Game Notes
- The win over Canisius extended the Iona winning streak to three games.
- Iona beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Iona is 27-39 in close games.
- Iona has won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) when its field goal percentage has been 46.3 percent or better.
- Iona has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- The Gaels have won 76 percent of the time this season (16-5) after recording 12 or more assists.
- Iona has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Iona has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Sean Armand has 24 points or more.
- The Gaels set a season high for free throws made (34).
- The last time Iona recorded at least 34 free throws made was Feb 08, 2006 against Loyola (MD).
- Iona set a season low for steals (two).
- The Gaels have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past eight games.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's points.
- David Laury accounted for 37.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 31 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Sean Armand's career.
- David Laury recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- David Laury has three straight double-digit point games.
- David Laury recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- This marks the 37th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Lamont Jones had a career high with 14 free throws made.
- Taaj Ridley has four straight double-digit point games.
Canisius Game Notes
- The Golden Griffins have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Canisius is 22-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Billy Baron and Harold Washington) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- Chris Manhertz accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Billy Baron has led the team in scoring 14 times in 31 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Billy Baron's career.
- Billy Baron has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Harold Washington has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Harold Washington.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Manhertz recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and ninth of his career.