(7-25, 1-15 away)
(19-13, 11-4 home)
Venue: Richmond Coliseum
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||T Buie 13
||T Buie 8
||S Mejia 6
||D Saddler 22
||J Hagins 15
||J Threatt 4
Hofstra lost to Delaware 62-57 in the quarterfinals of the CAA Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 9. The Pride are now 0-3 against Delaware this season. Stevie Mejia put up a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds for the Pride. Taran Buie had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double for the Fightin' Blue Hens with 12 points and 15 rebounds. Hofstra (7-25) finished the regular season 11th in the CAA with a 4-14 record in conference play.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Hofstra beat the spread by four points. That makes the 16th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- The Pride have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Hofstra is 35-29 in close games.
- The Pride have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-13) after having a field goal percentage of 36.1 percent or worse.
- Hofstra has lost 95 percent of the time this season (1-19) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records eight or more steals this season, Hofstra has lost 82 percent of the time (3-14).
- When the opposition commits 16 or fewer turnovers this season, Hofstra has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Hofstra has lost 75 percent of the time (6-18).
- Hofstra has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the seventh loss of the season where the Pride opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Taran Buie and Stevie Mejia) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Taran Buie and Stevie Mejia) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Taran Buie has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 3 times in 32 games this season.
- Stevie Mejia has four straight double-digit point games.
- David Imes has four straight double-digit point games.
- Taran Buie had a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Jordan Allen.
Delaware Game Notes
- The Fightin' Blue Hens won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware is 41-35 in close games.
- Devon Saddler accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- Jamelle Hagins accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring 24 times in 32 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 32 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 35th of his career.
- Jarvis Threatt has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Baptiste recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.