(7-25, 1-15 away)
(19-13, 11-4 home)
Venue: Richmond Coliseum
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||T Buie 13
||T Buie 8
||S Mejia 6
||D Saddler 22
||J Hagins 15
||J Threatt 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Delaware knocked off Hofstra 62-57 in the quarterfinals of the CAA Tournament. The Fightin' Blue Hens stay undefeated against Hofstra this season at 3-0. Jamelle Hagins secured a double-double in the Fightin' Blue Hens win including 12 points and 15 rebounds. Devon Saddler had a game-high 22 points and added three assists. Stevie Mejia finished with a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds for the Pride. This makes five wins in a row for the Fightin' Blue Hens. Hofstra (7-25) finished the regular season 11th in the CAA with a 4-14 conference record.
Delaware Game Notes
- The win over Hofstra extended the Delaware winning streak to five games.
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have won nine close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Delaware is 41-35 in close games.
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- UD has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- UD has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 36.1 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Delaware has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Jarvis Threatt has 15 points or more.
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Fightin' Blue Hens came back after being down at halftime.
- Devon Saddler accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's points.
- Jamelle Hagins accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 32 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 32 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 35th of his career.
- Jarvis Threatt has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Baptiste recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
Hofstra Game Notes
- The Pride have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Hofstra is 35-29 in close games.
- This loss extended the Pride losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Taran Buie and Stevie Mejia) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Taran Buie and Stevie Mejia) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Taran Buie has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding three times in 32 games this season.
- Stevie Mejia has four straight double-digit point games.
- David Imes has four straight double-digit point games.
- Taran Buie set a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Jordan Allen.