(3-27, 1-15 away)
Stony Brook 72
(24-6, 12-1 home)
Venue: SEFCU Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 09, 2013
||J Reed 16
||J Reed 8
||T Johnston 2
||A Jackson 16
||J Warney 9
||A Jackson 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Stony Brook turned the ball over just five times and easily defeated the Bearcats 72-49 in the quarterfinals of the America East Tournament. This one was all Stony Brook from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 37-14 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Seawolves stay undefeated against Binghamton this season at 3-0. The Seawolves were led by Anthony Jackson, who got a game-high 16 points and four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Jameel Warney also had a strong game, scoring 12 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Bearcats, Jordan Reed finished with a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. Binghamton (3-27) finished the regular season ninth in the America East with a 1-15 conference record.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:33 left to go.
- The win over Binghamton extended the Stony Brook winning streak to seven games.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, STKNY has been on the winning end of 25 blowout games.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Stony Brook has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when its three-point percentage has been 42.1 percent or better.
- STKNY has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won 96 percent of the time this season (23-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Jameel Warney has 12 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Dave Coley has four field goals made or more, and 83 percent of the time (20-4) when Tommy Brenton has four assists or more.
- The Seawolves have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Jackson and Scott King) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jameel Warney and Dave Coley) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Jackson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has six straight double-digit point games.
Binghamton Game Notes
- This was the 12th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Binghamton has been on the losing end of 40 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bearcats losing streak to 11 games.
- Jordan Reed accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Reed and Karon Waller) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Reed has led the team in scoring 22 times and in rebounding 24 times in 30 games this season.
- Jordan Reed has 14 straight double-digit point games.