Mount St. Mary's stunned Robert Morris 69-60 in the semifinals of the NEC Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 9. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Mountaineers got the win with a game-high 26 points and five rebounds from Rashad Whack. Sam Prescott also had a strong showing, scoring 15 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Colonials, Anthony Myers-Pate finished with a season-high 15 points and three rebounds. Robert Morris (23-10) finished the regular season first in the NEC with a 14-4 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Robert Morris took down St. Francis (NY) (75-57).
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- The win over Robert Morris extended the Mount St. Mary's winning streak to nine games.
- Mount St. Mary's beat the spread by 18 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Mountaineers have beaten the spread.
- Mount St. Mary's has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 47.1 percent or better.
- The Mountaineers have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 36 or more rebounds.
- Mount St. Mary's has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- This season Mount St. Mary's has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Sam Prescott has 15 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Rashad Whack has seven field goals made or more.
- The Mountaineers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Kelvin Parker recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with eight.
- Rashad Whack accounted for 37.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kelvin Parker and Sam Prescott) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Rashad Whack has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Kelvin Parker has led the team in rebounding in four out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Rashad Whack's career.
- Rashad Whack has four straight double-digit point games.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony Myers-Pate and Lucky Jones) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- Russell Johnson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 33 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Lucky Jones.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Russell Johnson.
- Anthony Myers-Pate set career highs with six field goals made and a 100 percent three-point percentage.