New Hampshire 42
(9-20, 3-14 away)
(20-10, 11-4 home)
Venue: SEFCU Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||F Myrick 15
||F Myrick 6
||J Trotman 1
||C Rusin 14
||L Apfeld 8
||B Voelkel 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Vermont took on New Hampshire and smoked the Wildcats 61-42 in the quarterfinals of the America East Tournament. With the win, the Catamounts remain undefeated against New Hampshire this season at 3-0. The Catamounts were led by Brian Voelkel, who put up five points and seven rebounds. Ethan O`Day had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Wildcats, Ferg Myrick finished with a game-high 15 points and six rebounds. New Hampshire (9-20) finished the regular season seventh in the America East with a 5-11 conference record.
Vermont Game Notes
- UVM beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Catamounts have beaten the spread.
- The Catamounts have won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after recording 21 or more field goals made.
- Vermont has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when its three-point percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- UVM has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.6 percent field goal percentage.
- UVM has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- This season Vermont has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Candon Rusin has 14 points or more, 100 percent of the time (9-0) when Ethan O`Day has four field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (12-4) when Clancy Rugg has six rebounds or more.
- UVM set season lows for blocks (one) and turnovers (six).
- The Catamounts have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- Vermont has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Catamounts came back after being down at halftime.
- Candon Rusin has led the team in scoring in four out of 30 games this season.
- Luke Apfeld has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
New Hampshire Game Notes
- Ferg Myrick accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ferg Myrick and Patrick Konan) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Ferg Myrick has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Patrick Konan has five straight double-digit point games.