On Saturday, Mar. 9, Furman fell to Appalachian State 74-60 in the quarterfinals of the SoCon Tournament. The Paladins remain winless against Appalachian State this season at 0-2. The Paladins were paced by Colin Reddick, who put up a game-high 15 points and four rebounds. Kendrec Ferrara got 12 points and added eight rebounds. Jay Canty finished with a team-high 13 points and six assists for the Mountaineers. Furman (7-24) finished the regular season 11th in the SoCon with a 3-15 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Furman beat Samford (55-51).
Furman Game Notes
- The Paladins have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after having a three-point percentage of 27.3 percent or worse.
- Furman has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Furman has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Furman has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.4 percent or better this season, Furman has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Furman has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- Stephen Croone recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Colin Reddick and Kendrec Ferrara) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- Bobby Austin accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Colin Reddick has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Bobby Austin has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- Bobby Austin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Bobby Austin had career highs with nine rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Colin Reddick had a career high with four blocks.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Michael Obacha and Jay Canty) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Jay Canty has led the team in scoring 10 times in 30 games this season.
- Michael Obacha has led the team in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- Jamaal Trice has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Michael Obacha.