Georgia Tech 72
(16-14, 3-7 away)
Boston College 74
(15-16, 12-6 home)
Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 16
||D Miller 6
||D Miller 3
||J Rahon 15
||R Anderson 5
||J Rahon 7
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Georgia Tech took on Boston College and lost by a slim margin to the Eagles 74-72 in conference play. The Yellow Jackets got 10 points and six rebounds from Daniel Miller. Marcus Georges-Hunt had a game-high 16 points and added three rebounds. For the Eagles, Joe Rahon got a team-high 15 points and seven assists. Next up for Georgia Tech (16-14, 6-12 ACC) is Boston College (15-16, 7-11 ACC) on Thursday, Mar. 14 on the road.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- GT beat the spread by two points. That makes the 14th time this season the Yellow Jackets have beaten the spread.
- The Yellow Jackets have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech is 23-37 in close games.
- Georgia Tech has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording five or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records eight or more steals this season, Georgia Tech has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Georgia Tech has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Yellow Jackets have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Yellow Jackets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Miller and Robert Carter) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 30 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Mfon Udofia.
Boston College Game Notes
- The Eagles won this one, but have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston College is 37-28 in close games.
- Joe Rahon has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- Olivier Hanlan has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Joe Rahon has three straight double-digit point games.
- Patrick Heckmann set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|B||Andrew Van Nest||13||9||2||0||0||0||1|