Virginia Military 65
(14-17, 5-12 away)
Charleston Southern 71
(19-11, 13-3 home)
Venue: HTC Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||R Glasgow 31
||S Okoye 14
||S Okoye 3
||A Harper 33
||S Nimley 12
||S Nimley 4
On Saturday, Mar. 9, Charleston Southern got a win over Virginia Military Institute 71-65 in the semifinals of the Big South Tournament. With a record of 2-0, the Buccaneers remain undefeated against Virginia Military Institute this season. Arlon Harper had a big game for the Buccaneers and got a career-high 33 points, sinking five of eight from three-point range. Saah Nimley played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. D.J. Covington finished with 16 points and nine rebounds for the Keydets. Virginia Military Institute (14-17) finished the regular season sixth in the Big South with an 8-8 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Virginia Military Institute took down Longwood (90-86).
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- The last time CSU started the season 19-11 was 2011.
- The win over Virginia Military Institute extended the Charleston Southern winning streak to three games.
- Charleston Southern has won every game this season (10-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.1 percent or better.
- The Buccaneers have won 90 percent of the time this season (18-2) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- CSU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8 percent field goal percentage.
- CSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Charleston Southern has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Paul Gombwer has four field goals made or more and 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Saah Nimley has four assists or more.
- This is the third win of the season where the Buccaneers came back after being down at halftime.
- Arlon Harper accounted for 46.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Saah Nimley and Paul Gombwer) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Arlon Harper has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 30 games this season.
- Saah Nimley has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Saah Nimley recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Saah Nimley recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- Saah Nimley had career highs with 12 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Arlon Harper's career.
- Arlon Harper has six straight double-digit point games.
- Arlon Harper had career highs with 33 points, five three-pointers, nine rebounds, and seven defensive rebounds.
- Paul Gombwer recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- Rodney Glasgow accounted for 47.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stan Okoye and D.J. Covington) accounted for 47.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Rodney Glasgow's career.
- Rodney Glasgow has four straight double-digit point games.
- Rodney Glasgow set career highs with 31 points and 12 field goals made.
- Brian Brown set a career high with seven rebounds.
- D.J. Covington has three straight double-digit point games.
- Stan Okoye recorded the 36th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stan Okoye has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Stan Okoye recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 35th of his career.