Georgia Southern 59
(14-19, 7-12 away)
(24-7, 15-2 home)
Venue: Asheville Civic Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 09, 2013
||C Roberts 13
||M Baynham 7
||C Reed 3
||N Cochran 18
||C Czerapowicz 4
||N Cochran 7
Davidson scored 39 points from behind the arc and easily got by Georgia Southern 86-59 in the quarterfinals of the SoCon Tournament on Saturday, Mar. 9. With the win, the Wildcats move to 2-1 against Georgia Southern this season. The Wildcats were led by Nik Cochran, who put up a game-high 18 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Tyler Kalinoski had 14 points and added three rebounds. For the Eagles, Marvin Baynham finished with a season-high 13 points and seven rebounds. The win streak for the Wildcats now stands at 15 games. Georgia Southern (14-19) finished the regular season seventh in the SoCon with a 7-11 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Georgia Southern took down Wofford (60-44).
Davidson Game Notes
- The last time Davidson started the season 24-7 was 2011.
- The win over Georgia Southern extended the Davidson winning streak to 15 games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 10th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Davidson has been on the winning end of 51 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- Davidson has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Davidson has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- Davidson has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Davidson has won 87 percent of the time (20-3) when Jake Cohen has 12 points or more and 73 percent of the time (16-6) when De`Mon Brooks has four field goals made or more.
- Davidson has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- Nik Cochran has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Chris Czerapowicz has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 31 games this season.
- De`Mon Brooks has five straight double-digit point games.
- J.P. Kuhlman had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Jake Cohen has 13 straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, GS has been on the losing end of 33 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Marvin Baynham and Cleon Roberts) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvin Baynham and Cameron Baskerville) accounted for 46.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Marvin Baynham has led the team in rebounding eight times in 33 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Marvin Baynham.
- Marvin Baynham set career highs with 13 points and six field goals made.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Eric Ferguson.
|-||Mason Archie II||3||0||0||1||0||0||1|