(4-23, 1-14 away)
Western Kentucky 74
(17-15, 12-5 home)
Venue: Summit Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||K Koszuta 15
||J James 7
||J James 6
||T Price 18
||T Price 6
||J Crook 6
On Friday, Mar. 8, Louisiana-Monroe took on Western Kentucky and fell to the Hilltoppers 74-60 in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament. Louisiana-Monroe fell way behind at halftime 46-24 and was never able to get back in it. With the loss, the Warhawks remain winless against Western Kentucky this season at 0-3. Kyle Koszuta put up a team-high 15 points and four assists in a losing effort. Jayon James had seven points and added seven rebounds (6 Ast 6 Stl). For the Hilltoppers, George Fant finished with 12 points and five rebounds. Louisiana-Monroe (4-23) finished the regular season 11th in the Sun Belt with a 3-17 record in conference play.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Warhawks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-14) after having a three-point percentage of 35.3 percent or worse.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 94 percent of the time this season (1-16) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 58.3 percent or better this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- Louisiana-Monroe has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Jayon James recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Koszuta and Millaun Brown) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayon James and Millaun Brown) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jayon James has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Trent Mackey has three straight double-digit point games.
- Amos Olatayo has eight straight double-digit point games.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (T.J. Price and George Fant) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- T.J. Price has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding six times in 32 games this season.
- T.J. Price has eight straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has seven straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.