(4-23, 1-14 away)
Western Kentucky 74
(17-15, 12-5 home)
Venue: Summit Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||K Koszuta 15
||J James 7
||J James 6
||T Price 18
||T Price 6
||J Crook 6
Western Kentucky got a victory over Louisiana-Monroe 74-60 in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament on Friday, Mar. 8. The game lacked drama, as Western Kentucky led 46-24 at the half and never allowed Louisiana-Monroe back in it. With the win, the Hilltoppers remain unbeaten against Louisiana-Monroe this season at 3-0. George Fant paced the Hilltoppers and put up 12 points and five rebounds. T.J. Price also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding six rebounds. Kyle Koszuta finished with a team-high 15 points and four assists for the Warhawks. Louisiana-Monroe (4-23) finished the regular season 11th in the Sun Belt with a 3-17 conference record.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- WKU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Hilltoppers have beaten the spread.
- The Hilltoppers have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- WKU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- WKU has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after holding an opponent to under 42.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Western Kentucky has won 72 percent of the time (13-5) when George Fant has 12 points or more and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when T.J. Price has six field goals made or more.
- The Hilltoppers set season highs for field goal percentage (58.3), three-pointers (11), and three-point percentage (50.0).
- The last time WKU had a field goal percentage of 58.3 percent or higher was Nov 12, 2010 against St. Joseph's (PA).
- The Hilltoppers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (T.J. Price and George Fant) accounted for 40.5 percent of the points.
- T.J. Price has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 6 times in 32 games this season.
- T.J. Price has eight straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has seven straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- This loss extended the Warhawks losing streak to six games.
- Jayon James recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Koszuta and Millaun Brown) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayon James and Millaun Brown) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jayon James has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Trent Mackey has three straight double-digit point games.
- Amos Olatayo has eight straight double-digit point games.