(15-16, 6-10 away)
Florida Gulf Coast 72
(23-10, 17-1 home)
Venue: Hawkins Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
||A Pegg 17
||W Green 8
||H Miller 6
|Florida Gulf Coast
||S Brown 18
||B Thompson 13
||B Comer 6
On Friday, Mar. 8, Florida Gulf Coast took on Stetson and knocked off the Hatters 72-58 in the semifinals of the Atlantic Sun Tournament. The Eagles now have a record of 2-1 against Stetson this season. Bernard Thompson earned a double-double in the Eagles win including 12 points and 13 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). Sherwood Brown had a game-high 18 points and added seven rebounds. For the Hatters, Adam Pegg got a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Stetson (15-16) finished the regular season third in the Atlantic Sun with an 11-7 conference record. To get to the semifinals, Stetson beat East Tennessee State (67-46).
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The win over Stetson extended the Florida Gulf Coast winning streak to four games.
- FGCU beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Florida Gulf Coast has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- FGCU has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- FGCU has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Florida Gulf Coast has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Sherwood Brown has 18 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Brett Comer has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Bernard Thompson has five free throws made or more.
- The Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Florida Gulf Coast has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- Bernard Thompson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Sherwood Brown and Bernard Thompson) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- Bernard Thompson accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 33 games this season.
- Bernard Thompson has led the team in rebounding in six out of 33 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bernard Thompson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Bernard Thompson had career highs with 13 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- Chase Fieler has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Chase Fieler.
Stetson Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Adam Pegg and Chris Perez) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Green and Adam Pegg) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Adam Pegg has led the team in scoring 12 times in 31 games this season.
- Willie Green has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 31 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chris Perez.
- Adam Pegg has four straight double-digit point games.