(15-16, 6-10 away)
Florida Gulf Coast 72
(23-10, 17-1 home)
Venue: Hawkins Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
||A Pegg 17
||W Green 8
||H Miller 6
|Florida Gulf Coast
||S Brown 18
||B Thompson 13
||B Comer 6
Stetson fell to Florida Gulf Coast 72-58 in the semifinals of the Atlantic Sun Tournament on Friday, Mar. 8. With the loss, the Hatters drop to 1-2 against Florida Gulf Coast this season. The Hatters were led by Adam Pegg, who put up a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Hunter Miller got two points and added six assists. Bernard Thompson registered a double-double for the Eagles on 12 points and 13 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). Stetson (15-16) finished the regular season third in the Atlantic Sun with an 11-7 record in conference play. To get to the semifinals, Stetson topped East Tennessee State (67-46).
Stetson Game Notes
- Stetson has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Stetson has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Stetson has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- Stetson set season lows for field goal percentage (33.9) and steals (three).
- The Hatters have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past nine games.
- Stetson has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Adam Pegg and Chris Perez) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Green and Adam Pegg) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Adam Pegg has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 31 games this season.
- Willie Green has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 31 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chris Perez.
- Adam Pegg has four straight double-digit point games.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- Bernard Thompson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Sherwood Brown and Bernard Thompson) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- Bernard Thompson accounted for 30.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in scoring 14 times in 33 games this season.
- Bernard Thompson has led the team in rebounding six times in 33 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bernard Thompson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Bernard Thompson set career highs with 13 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- Chase Fieler has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Chase Fieler.