Loyola Marymount 60
(11-22, 6-13 away)
Santa Clara 58
(21-11, 14-6 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 08, 2013
||A Ireland 23
||A Osborne 11
||A Ireland 3
||K Foster 23
||M Trasolini 6
||B Clark 3
Although they entered the game as a 10-point favorite, Santa Clara was stunned by Loyola Marymount 60-58 in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Tournament. The loss drops the Broncos to 1-2 against Loyola Marymount this season. The Broncos got four points and six rebounds from John McArthur. Kevin Foster scored 23 points and added five rebounds. Anthony Ireland finished with a game-high 23 points and three rebounds (7 Stl 3 Ast) for the Lions. Santa Clara (21-11) finished the regular season fourth in the West Coast with a 9-7 record in conference play.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- The Broncos have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Santa Clara is 29-33 in close games.
- SCU set season lows for steals (five) and total points (58).
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- Kevin Foster recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- Kevin Foster accounted for 39.6 percent of the team's points.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 32 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 32 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 52nd 20-point game of Kevin Foster's career.
- Kevin Foster has four straight double-digit point games.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The Lions won this one, but have lost nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 29-27 in close games.
- Anthony Ireland recorded a team season high in steals with seven.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 38.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Osborne and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 54.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 28 times in 33 games this season.
- Alex Osborne has led the team in rebounding eight times in 33 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland set a career high with seven steals.
- Alex Osborne recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Osborne set career highs with 11 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
|C||R. Cowels III||22||2||4||0||2||0||1|